Why choose Shegoa?
By choosing Shegoa you have the benefit of both sheep and goat milk in the one formulation.
What are the benefits of Shegoa?
- Easier digestibility and higher absorption. Shegoa has faster digestibility than cow and goat milk. It can be fully digested within 45 minutes and therefore may results in fewer intolerances and digestive issues for children.
- Naturally high levels of prebiotic oligosaccharides, including six that are structurally the same as Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) found in breast milk.
- Unique protein that is A2 like and does not contain any A1 beta casein
- Higher in medium chain fatty acids, which means that these fats may be easier to digest.
- Naturally contains 60% more protein and calcium than goat and cow’s milk and has a complete amino acid profile.
- Smaller fat molecules when compared to cow which makes it easier for your baby to digest.
- Shegoa has added Algae DHA and Alpha Linoleic Acid to support brain and eye development and non-allergenic ARA.
Does Shegoa contain prebiotics?
Shegoa contains four types of Prebiotics - HMOs, gHMOs, GOS & FOS.
Prebiotics are essential for tiny tummies by selectively feeding good bacteria, supressing pathogenic bacteria and building immunity. We have added HMO 2’-FL, the most abundant Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO) in breast milk.
16 prebiotics are naturally found in Shegoa and six of these are structurally the same as Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMO - 2FL,4’GL, 6’SL, LNH, 3’SL and 6’GL). We have added prebiotics GOS and FOS to assist with the growth of healthy bacteria.
Does Shegoa contain protein?
Shegoa contains different forms of proteins that are unlike the allergenic beta-lactoglobulin and alpha S1 casein found in cow milk that commonly cause intolerances. No BCM7 peptide found in cows A1 (casein) and Low beta-lactoglobulin (whey).
How does Shegoa taste?
Shegoa is made from the grass fed sheep + goat milk. When it comes to feeding your family, we know taste is just as important as nutrition. We don’t compromise on either, our milk has a beautiful taste, a rich, creamy and slightly sweet taste. We are creamier than cow’s milk and have removed the strong aroma and gamey flavour that goat milk has when it is on it’s own, when combined together, it create a beautiful Supermilk.